Pages

15.10.12

Fight for this shoe


The excitement of re-discovering a once lost and forgotten pair of shoes can sometimes feel like opening a present on Christmas morning. You can imagine how I squealed with delight when my good friend re-acquainted me with these once worn strappy shoes boots last week. I originally bought these shoes (from Office) as part of an outfit for a music themed dress up 30th birthday party, the shenanigans were held in a hay bale filled poly tunnel on her parents farm in Woburn. I decided to go as Cheryl Cole when she appeared on The X-Factor singing her 2009 hit 'Fight for this love'. Despite being on a farm, and the party going on till gone 3am, I refused to break character and soldiered on in my heels till pain took over and I swapped for UGGs, I put the shoes down and never picked them up... Since then they have been weathered by 2 years of rain, ice and snow in the poly tunnel and still seem fine, just a bit dusty! To celebrate getting them back I wore  them this weekend and was pleased at the amount of compliments they received. I did naughtily wear them without washing so ended up with pretty brown feet. Today I've been busy resurrecting them to former glory with a good clean and a lick of much needed shoe polish - a make over in black. I look forward to getting good use out of them. Pictures of me below as 'Cheryl' and with 'Amy Winehouse'. Picture of Cheryl Cole on The X-Factor in 2009 from superstarmagazine.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment