Pages

19.6.12

Raw Fairies 'Mini B Cleanse': Day 2

This morning I thought there had been a mistake with my delivery, there were extra juices and smoothies, then it dawned on me that I was being weaned off solids in preparation for tomorrows juice fast (eeek!). After the pre breakfast 'Lemonade' I had 2 smoothies to get through. The first was 'Cucumber, Pineapple and Parsley with Avocado and Ground Flax Seed' and was delicious, this was  supposed to be swiftly followed by the 'Green Smoothie with Chlorella and Spirulina' but I was actually full from the first smoothie and decided to wait half an hour before drinking it.

Not long after it's time for 'Carrot, Orange and Ginger Juice'. It's only day 2 and I'm already beginning to dread the mid morning and mid afternoon juices, they still send shivers down my spine, the problem is probably with me, they are really healthy and not masked with any flavourings, I'm not used to being so virtuous. 

Lunch today was 'Seaweed, Cucumber and Beetroot Salad with Miso Ginger Dressing', I've noticed that since starting the detox I'm becoming more sensitive to raw ginger and am not loving it, the combination of the ginger and the beetroot reminded me of one of the juices so I forced down all the beetroot in one go to avoid mixing the flavours!

Next comes the dreaded 'Green Juice' which I drank as quickly as possible. By the time dinner rolls round I am not gagging to eat as much as last night, this is a great sign as I am naturally a greedy person, maybe I can change! Dinner was 'Raw Stir Fry with Ginger Shoyu Sauce'. I was put off instantly by reading the word 'Ginger' but was pleased when it wasn't so strong, what I could taste was my old friend 'Garlic' who has been missed greatly! The 'Stir Fry' was satisfyingly crunchy with sugar snaps, carrot, red pepper and spring onion. The last solid food to pass my lips until Thursday lunchtime. The evening is rounded off with a late evening 'Celery, Apple, Cucumber and Lemon Juice' whilst watching England V Ukraine, not quite a beer but it will have to do.

I didn't feel the great hunger that I felt yesterday nor did I experience any headaches. I have been more tired though and snappy to my amazingly supportive boyfriend, he has also vowed to not drink alcohol this week, I love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment