Pages

5.6.12

Finishing touches

In a last minute decision on Friday morning, merely hours before I was due to catch a train to a friends wedding, I decided that I needed to polish my wedding outfit with a few finishing touches. Previously I had prided myself on the fact that I'd managed to purchase everything online for this weekend's celebrations, but in a last minute rush to Oxford Street to get a belt for my boyfriend's suit I was led astray... When time is short one must head to John Lewis, I know I can get near enough everything under one roof (including a bite of sushi from the Food Hall). On the list was jewellery, a hair accessory and a neutral clutch, good old JL managed to score 2 out of 3...


I don't usually go in for 'matchy matchy' but as I was wearing an un-matching two-piece (top and skirt) instead of a dress, I deemed it acceptable whilst also making my life easier. After scouring the John Lewis Jewellery department I drifted toward the lower price point jewellery, sometimes you gotta keep to a budget! These reasonably priced pieces are from Swimwear designer Melissa Odabash, you can go for gold, rose gold or silver in this gorgeous Lotus flower design. Gold Lotus Cuff Ring £49.00, Lotus Studs £29.00 and Lotus Bracelet £49.00, all triple dipped in 18k gold with crystal detailing.


Fitting in with the 'matchy' theme I selected this hair corsage, which also doubles up as a brooch, to go with my hot pink skinny belt and shoes. Hot Pink Silk Flower Corsage £20.00 from John Lewis.


To mix it up a little I added this dusky pink leather clutch from Etui Bags available in the bags concession section in Topshop's Flagship Oxford Street Store (sadly I can find no info online). They have a great selection in every shade imaginable and have an optional long brass chain strap to make it a chic little day bag. Etui clutch £45.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment